Law firms are constantly striving to maximise chargeable hours and overall Partner profitability. The pressure has only increased with competition from international firms and the impact of Alternative Business Structures.
The UK legal market is responding through consolidation activity and by seeking expansion opportunities overseas, with many firms adapting their organisational structures and processes to transition into high performing commercial entities.
In terms of IT, these changes present a number of challenges:
- How to provision daytime support which maximises Partner & Associate billing time whilst effectively managing costs.
- How to deliver efficient support out of work hours and at weekends to enable fee earners to maximise revenues.
- How to maintain high levels of support for international staff and offices cost effectively.
- How to provide market leading IT support with the levels of customer service, resolution and knowledge of legal applications demanded by law firm Partners and staff when they need it.
- How to respond to all of the above in a commercially efficient manner, avoiding over-staffing and the use of expensive shift arrangements.